Thursday, August 10, 2006

My S.E.X. Education

A young friend of mine sent me a message with a link to S.E.X.

I was curious, because I it appeared to be a salacious invitation. So I contacted the youth for an explanation. I received an education. It was a S.E.X. Education.

The post was a reference to Lyfe Jenning's song, S.E.X.. I searched down the video and then searched down the lyrics to make sure I caught each word. The video warned young girls to protect their innocence because once it is lost it can never be regained.
It also warned them of male predators who want relations and not relationships. It had a very strong postive message of abstainence.

The title caught my attention. Maybe that was the whole idea. It was a warning to all girls to be careful.

The bible gives the same warning in 1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." There are many predators in the world waiting destroy the innocence of young girls --and boys. Wow!

Whether Lyfe says it or the Bible says it, the message is just as clear; when many talk of love and affection they really have their eye on another direction and it's not respect it's just S.E.X.

I thank my friend for the the S.E.X education. I thought the post about S.E.X. was about sex. It was more. It was about respect.

Just goes to show that everything is not what it seems.

No comments: