Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Does anybody read the owner's manual anymore?

 New cars have an owner's manual, but it holds many surprises on its pages.

The owner's manual is very seldom read from cover to cover by new car buyers. We glance through it, look at the pictures and tuck it away in the glove compartment.

I didn't know that my SUV could sync to Wifi because I never looked at the manual.

I rode around in it for almost a year before I learned that the side back windows would pop out for fresh air, and I didn't know that it had a sunroof. I would have known if I had read the manual.

I thought my SUV had spark plugs like my old car until I read a section in the owner's manual about fuel injectors.

I saw the words flex fuel on the fender, but I didn't know that it could get up to 500 miles a tank if I used E-85 Ethanol gas. It was in the manual, I just hadn't read it.

When I really started reading the manual, I discovered scores of features I never knew existed and appreciated my vehicle more.

The Bible is our spiritual manual. It is made for us and given to us by our creator to show us how to live the Christian life, survive tough times, and grow in faith and love. It's all in the manual..the road to salvation, we just never really read it.

Proverbs 4:20-22 "My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body."

What do you think about that, we have what we needed all along, but we never looked at it.

I guess we all should spend a little more time reading the manual.

No comments: