Saturday, June 26, 2021

When phones ring at 3 a.m. it usually means trouble.

 It is not unusual for my doorbell to ring in the middle of the night; nearly always, someone wants to see the pastor.

The general rule is that whenever your phone wrong rings at 3 a.m. in the morning something is wrong. We wake and ask ourselves, what's wrong? Who died?

That is doubly true when someone knocks on your door or rings your door.

The phone may bring bad news, but when someone rings your doorbell, it's usually a plea for help.

At my house, sitting on my doorstep have been battered wives, runaway children, the homeless seeking shelter, and even drunks.

Once a man rang my doorbell and collapsed on my step. I managed to get his name and called 9-1-1. He lived, but since he was homeless the ambulance service sent me the bill.

We turn to the Lord when we are in real trouble, and he points in the right direction while giving us the strength to hold on. We have done this so many times that it gets routine. We call him in the morning evening and night. No matter when we call, he answers.

John 12:21 “Sir, we would see Jesus”

It's good to know that when we call him, he will answer.

As for the bill I got from the ambulance service...they finally wrote it off.

When you call on Jesus, there is never a bill.

He died for us on Calvary and any debt we owe for our weakness has been...

... Paid in full.

No comments: