Saturday, July 10, 2021

How do I love thee, Lord? Let me count the ways

 In a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, the question was asked, "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."

That's a deep question, but it is easy for us to answer, especially when it comes to the ways that God has shown his love for us.

He provides for us. Protects us and encourages us.

God is our company keeper and friend through thick and thin. He doesn't take our side when we are wrong, but still stands with us when we are unfairly attacked for unwise actions that we made in our weakness.

The old folks say he's a doctor in our sickroom and lawyer in our courtroom and our bridge over troubled water. It was their way of saying, God shows his love in so many ways and situations that we can't count them.

Psalm 136 says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever."

We can't count the hundreds of ways God shows his love to us.

What happens if we ask that question to ourselves about how we show our love for God. How do I love thee, Lord? Let me count the ways....

You fill in the blank.

No comments: