Saturday, July 31, 2021

Hell ain't cool, but heaven is!

When I was about 11 I had a large collection of comic books, but when I saw the book about Hell, it wasn’t funny.

Collecting and trading comic books was fascinating to me. I had all of the comics: Superman, Superboy, Dick Tracy, Bat Man, and all of the rest. 


I even have a collection of the Classics in Comics such as Ivanhoe, Romeo and Juliet, and McBeth. In pictures, I came to understand great ideas and often lost myself in the comic book world of Mickey Mouse, Daffy Duck, and Mighty Mouse.


The old folks called comics, funny books. And they were funny until I came upon a set of comic books about Dante’s Inferno. In these comic pictures depicted ungodly people being tossed into hell fire. That was a nightmare. I didn’t like that picture and soon got rid of that book. I figured If I didn’t see it, I wouldn’t think about it. And the place would go away.


In Sunday school, I learned about heaven, but then I also learned that the unrighteous will be condemned to hell. I decided that I wanted to learn more about heaven and how to get there. I wanted to be sure my name was on the list of those going to heaven.



Revelation 20:15 says, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."


Hell won’t be a good place. It certainly won’t be cool.


I bought the funny book that showed me pictures about hell, but it sure wasn’t funny.


I found it better to dream about going to heaven.


 I found heaven in a book too, it’s called the Bible.

No comments: