Saturday, October 08, 2005

No Drawers on My Desk

I have three offices. One at the church complex. One at my business and another at home. All three have desks.

I like my desks organized, but I don't like drawers. Drawers make it easy for me to stuff important but non-essential things out of sight. Once out of sight, they are usually out of consideration. So, I usually have desks with very few drawers or no drawers at all.

This week I cleared desktops. A matter is removed from my desktop when it is handled. Then it is filed away, otherwise it stays on the desk, in a neat stack of other items that must be completed.

With three desks, it took me some time to clear them all: Church, business and personal matters. However, since there were no drawers, I had no choice but to deal with them sooner or later.

Paul preached before Felix and Drusila about temperance, judgment and righteousness. (Acts 24:25) He laid it on their desk, but they put off their decision until a "A more convenient season." They never got around to dealing with the matters that Paul presented.

They must have had drawers on their desks.

No comments: