Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I Don't Feel Like It!

There are times when I just don't feel like it.

It's those days when you say, "I'm not feeling that."

Work. School. Finances. Dealing with other people.

Baby/Mama - Baby/Daddy drama.

Issues.

"I'm not feeling that."

I wonder if I'm by myself.

I guess there are times even the best of us get dispirited. We know we should go but we stay. We know we should speak but we remain silent. We know we should act, but we take no action. Usually we don't "feel like it" in times of distress, strain or worry. Such circumstances rob us of our enthusiasm and spirit and even at our best we can only offer lackluster appearances.

I have learned that one of the times to be cautious is when I "don't feel like it." Sometimes opportunities come when we don't feel like it and we miss them. A job is offered but we don't feel like going to apply. A chance for success may be missed if it comes when we "don't feel like it."

Issues can stress you out so much that you just don't feel like it. When that happens you don't sing, smile, laugh or find any interest in anything. You want to do absolutely nothing because you don't feel like it. Those are the days that the devil slipped in during the night and stole your joy. We were not on guard and we woke up the next morning "not feeling it" -without knowing why.

When you are not feeling it that's when we read Psalm 51:12, "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit."

If you don't feel like it today, remember one day Christ carried a cross for you. I'm sure that day he wasn't feeling it either; but he did it anyway.

After thinking about that and reflecting on that verse then I usually push myself out of bed and start "feeling" the joy of meeting the challenges of the new day.

With a fresh infusion of inspiration from on high, the devil is defeated and I start "feeling it" again..big time.

No comments: