Sunday, March 14, 2010

The time changed on me

The time changed today, I almost missed it.

Daylight savings time changes on the Second Sunday in March but for some reason, I didn't get the message until about nine O'clock last night. My cell phone will automatically update and so will my computer, but I'll have to set my watch, micro-wave, vehicle radio and everything else that is not synchronized.

That's when I thought about it.

If our lives are out of sync with God, it's possible to miss great opportunities and blessings.

I usually, miss a clock or two somewhere whenever the time changes, but those that are synchronized are always on time. I guess that has a message, too. If I try to do everything myself, I'll miss something and still leave something, but if I stay in step with God; He'll help me to take of things right on time.


Eccl. 3:1 says, "To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under the sun." It's good to know that God keeps track of all of my seasons and sets my pace so that I spring forward or fall back in the right season, right on time.

No comments: