Thursday, May 06, 2021

A watermelon won't grow in your belly!

It’s amazing some of the things we believed when we were children.

Were you ever told that if you eat watermelon seeds that a watermelon will grow in your stomach?


  I really believed my teachers were rich because they always wore church clothes. I thought they never went home and slept at school because when I came to school they were there and when I left they were there. I thought teachers never went to the bathroom, ever!


I  believed that when it thundered and the sun was shining that the devil was beating his wife. If it thundered again and the lightning flash that his wife was hitting him back.


  I believed the people on tv were midgets who squeezed inside the screen. I always searched for the door, but never found it.


  I believed that if I ate plenty of spinach, I’d have muscles like Popeye! I’ve been eating spinach for a half-century and my popeye muscles haven't ever popped up!


  There is one thing I believed when I was a child that I still believe today; that if I pray, God will hear my prayer. I believe that!


  I also believe that if I accept him, trust him, and obey him he will take care of me in this life and the next. I still believe that.


  If we could believe and trust God with the same innocence that we believed those silly things we believed as children, we could just about do anything.


  Mark 9:23 says "..If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes...."


  Lord, help my unbelief!


  

No comments: