Thursday, April 01, 2010

A flooded living room-April Fool!

It was a good joke! I was really fooled.

I left home early this morning for some quiet time and meditation. As I read several passages of scripture and thought on them the phone rang and my wife, in a very excited voice, started telling me how the living room of our home was covered with water. She said the hot water tank must have burst; water was everywhere. I envisioned a living room full of water, mop buckets, ruined furniture and the whole works. Then she said..April Fool!

We laughed. Not to make it any better,I used our automated caller and called every member of our church and told them that President Obama had declared today a holiday and no one had to go to work- then quickly followed it with...April Fool!

She played a joke on me. I played a joke on all of my members and everybody will probably be playing jokes on each other all day today.

Everybody gets a good laugh, but they don't get the day off.

There is a verse in the bible that when taken personally becomes a confession for each of us. It's in 1 Samuel 26:21 "behold, I have played the fool, and have erred exceedingly."

At one time or the other the devil has prompted all of us to play the fool. We have played the pitiful joke of faithlessness on ourselves and on others.

The truth is, God is good all of the time.

And that's no joke.

2 comments:

Pastor Ro said...

Very enlightening! Great segway to Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.