Monday, April 12, 2010

You preach like my daddy!

He said I was like his daddy!

My grandson spent the weekend with me; it's always interesting to listen to three year olds. After worship yesterday he played in the yard for a spell and for a short time afterwards intensely watched a video clip of me preaching. He seemed to study every word. At the end he said, "You preach just like my daddy. He says, 'Yeahhhhh' and 'Yeahhhhh." I smiled.

There is an old saying that the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. I guess that means that if you find an acorn, look acorn because the tree it fell from is not far away. In many ways we emulate the characteristics of our parents; not exactly or intentionally; it just happens. I suppose its in the genetic makeup of each family.

John 14:9 Jesus said, " he that hath seen me hath seen the Father.."

I guess that means that in an ideal situation there is not much difference between a father and a son. Sandwich a grandson in between and there is amazement if they are similar in many ways.

As far as my grandson is concerned, I preach like his father. So, when I grow up, I'm going to be just like his father!

He doesn't know it but when he grows up, in many ways, he will be just like his father, too.

1 comment:

Pastor Ro said...

Powerful!