Sunday, August 07, 2005

Bubble Bath and A Wake Up Call

After a week at the Youth Encampment at Southern University, I had a chance to take a full bath, instead of just a shower yesterday. The showers at Southern were very nice but nothing takes the place of a good hot bath.

I drew a full tub of water, added fragranted bubble bath. The temperature of the water was hot enough to boil a cob of corn I suspect; but I like hot baths.

With bubbles everywhere, I sat in the tub. It was relaxing.

I wonder if there will be bubble baths in heaven? I guess not; especially since we won't get dirty or smelly or tired.

I'll miss the bubble baths when I get there, but I'm sure I'll get over it..quickly.

Before I knew it I dozed off to sleep..in the tub. I dreamed about bubble baths in heaven. I was running around on clouds, wrapped in a towell, blowing bubbles! I passed Moses and Elijah and blew bubbles at them. I shook hands with Martin Luther King, and said hello to Mary McCleod Bethune and Marian Anderson. I blew bubbles as I raced past all of them, floating like an astronaut in space from one cloud to the next.

Floating!

Blowing bubbles!

Then the phone rang!

When I woke up, the bubbles were gone. The water was luke warm and the bubbly dream was gone too.

I don't know what heaven will be like, but one thing is for certain, once the dream of eternity begins we won't wake up to find that the bubble are gone!

No comments: