Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I Fell Down

I'm still laughing at myself. I know everyone present got a good laugh because I still chuckle everytime I think about it.

I went to a community meeting Monday night to hear presentations from our school board members. I sat up close to the front, shaking everyone's hand and doing the cordiality thing. When I sat down, my chair slipped from under me.

I tumbled backward as if I was drunk. My chair seemed to run away from me. There was nothing to hold on to. My feet spread apart and flew up into the air!

Once everyone saw that I wasn't hurt they had a good laugh. I did too.

There was the pastor of the Tabernacle Baptist Church and publisher of the local newspaper with his feet up in the air like a drunk man. It was too funny.

That's the way it is in life. Sometimes what you thought was there to support you is not there. You reach for something to hold on to but it's not there.

We fall down!

Thanks to Jesus, we get up!

I got up..but it was still funny.

No comments: