Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Shouting over the vacum cleaner

For two days now, I've been pushing a vacum cleaner and carpet steamer!

Whatever was in the shot the doctor gave my wife Sunday, charged her up. She left Sunday evening for Alexandria to attend the Louisiana Baptist State Convention. She wanted to operate a booth during the convention this week to meet many of the Louisiana ministers who share with us all year.

I stayed behind..to do the house work while she went to the convention.

House work is more than a notion. It's been ten years since I've done this. My wife has been doing this for 31 years, while she kept up with me, and mothered our three sons. I see, it's more than a notion. I'll have to raise her pay.

I washed the dishes, but soon as I washed them, they seemed to reappear, one by one: a glass, a dish, a spoon; pretty soon the bottom of the sink vanished out of sight.

Where did all of those dirty towels come from? If you clean something once, why doesn't it just stay clean?

If the floors have been saved from dirt once, aren't they always saved?

If the towells have been been washed in the suds, why can't they stay clean?

If the floors have been anointed with shampoo, many years ago, why do they still get dirty?

When you come to my house don't you know my floors have been anointed? Someone brought the world in on the bottom of their shoes and messed up the shampoo I did ten years ago!

My goodness there is a spider web! It wasn't there the last time I swept there about 10 years ago. If I removed the spider web 10 years ago, why does it keep coming back? Forget about, "Who let the dogs out", I want to know, "Who let the spider in?"

Somehow I get the idea that cleaning a house is much like our spiritual lives. We may have cleaned house sometime ago, but the devil keeps looking for ways to dirty our dishes, walk on our clean floors and build spider webs on unused gifts.

Theses dirty floors are witnessing!

Somehow I feel a whoop coming on! The broom is testifying! The vacum cleaner is glorifying! And the clothes in the dryer are shouting..."I been washed...I've Been redeemed!"

I'm about to have church over this vacum cleaner!

I feel a whoop coming on!

..now back to the real world. I still have eleven rooms to go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked this< Proves a point to all husbands, STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF YOU WIFE. RAISE THE PAY ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I commend you for your efforts, pastor.

God Bless,

Anonymous said...

I like that proves a point that we have to clean our spirtual house daily to keep our floor clean of worldly stuff spider from building a web to keep us from continue growth. we have to keep cleaning ourselves Daily 991/2 won't do have to make a 100

Anonymous said...

This is very great. There was a reason that God made Mrs. Wright sick so you can see what she was doing for 31 years.

Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day