Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Which body clock do I use?

After six days in Hawaii, I'm finally getting adjusted to what they call "Jet Lag."


My body clock has been out of sync for nearly a week. My secretary calls me at 8 a.m. Louisiana time, but it's 3 a.m. in Honolulu. I call her at 1 p.m. and she's gone for the day because it's 6 p.m. in Louisiana. 

 I try to compensate by setting my watch to Louisiana time to keep reminding myself of the real-time. That helps. 

 I find spiritual truth in this frustration. The Christian is constantly striving to live by God's time. Often, like many people, I'm trying to push him to move on my time. Maybe I should set my spiritual watch by heaven's time; that would help me overcome spiritual jet lag. 

Anyway, there's just one more day to go, then we board a plane back for Louisiana. 

The beaches, palm trees, and sunny weather are nice, but Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz had it right; "There's no place like home." 

 When I get home, then I'll be on the right time, all the time. That goes both ways! Hallelujah!

No comments: